Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Начать новую тему Новая тема / Ответить на тему Ответить  Сообщений: 304 • Страница 15 из 16<  1 ... 12  13  14  15  16  >
  Пред. тема | След. тема 
Автор Сообщение

Прилепленное (важное) сообщение

TSC! Russia ex-Captain
Статус: Не в сети
This thread is made specially for those who enter this forum directly from CommunityTSC, Find-a-Drug, Folding@Home, Rosetta@Home etc. pages or starting from there.

This is official forum of unofficial Russian team :D for Folding@Home & Rosetta@Home projects and you are always welcome here. :hi:

Currently we don't have any English page for those who don't know Russian.

Here you can tell us anything you want except VERY BAD WORDS, of course! :wink:

Последний раз редактировалось Hil 19.05.2008 19:26, всего редактировалось 4 раз(а).

Партнер

[quote="Punchy[EVGA]"] reciprocate.

reciprocate. Yes do it twice ......

Junior
Get BOSUN or someone from the folding team to contact me about the chimp challenge

Bosun already has an account at EVGA - he can PM me there

Im currently trying to arrange a meeting on one of the forums (without OCN) because they are hell bent on avoiding there best output months in the handicap and wan to use their formula (won't consider anything else)

Xavier Zepherious - CC team co Capt for Team EVGA

TSC! Russia member
Xavier Zepherious писал(а):
Get BOSUN or someone from the folding team to contact me about the chimp challenge

Bosun already has an account at EVGA - he can PM me there

Wrote there :beer:

Junior
We need your team Captain to contact Adak (Overclockers)
and me at EVGA (CC captain for EVGA)

Bosun Already has an account over at EVGA. he can be your Rep for TSC or co capt

we have a new format for the CC for 2012
we need all the captains onboard for it

if you want this format we need to convince the other captains
this means convincing Zodac at OCN everyone wants this format

time is getting short so we need an answer soon

Overclockers proposal (ADAK)

Format:

two brackets, unlimited (straight points race), and a handicap bracket. The handicap basis point score for each team would be taken directly from their average day in the CC, last year.

If you believe it favors smaller teams a bit too much, then give each team a 50% penalty for the *increase* - sounds diabolical, but it cuts down on the advantage of the smaller teams percentage being a smaller quantity, compared to the same percentage increase, in a larger team.

(I'm not sure this is needed since the smaller teams will undoubtedly be in the handicap bracket, and the larger teams will be in the unlimited bracket.)

It's fair, it handles any problem of teams merging (like NCIX and HWC last year), and has a leveling effect on the competition.

Points in this format would be:

Unlimited bracket:
race points earned = total FAH pts.

Handicap bracket:
race points earned = total FAH pts - average days total FAH pts taken from last years CC.

Teams that are new to the CC and racing for the first time need a simple tweak to the points formula:

race points earned = total FAH pts - team daily average for the last six months.

It's important to remember in the midst of all this, that this is just a FUN race. It's not life or death -- it's more important than that! I don't need rules about EVGA having contests during the race, or any team "timing" work units so they score the most points, etc.

It's a race!

I don't care if EVGA wants to set their britches afire, and run around the park - if it helps them fold, then it's a win -- for Folding@Home. Maybe EVGA will get some time on a super computer -- Go EVGA! You time your work units, and I'll time mine.

It's a race!!

We may melt a server HD at Stanford, but that's their CC challenge!

It's simple, and we need to keep it that way. You start the race here, you end the race over there, and in-between, you fold like crazy.

Keeps it simple, keeps it fun and gets LOTS of folding done.

And isn't that why we have a CC?

Junior
We have a new CC format that we need your team captain(s) to respond to

contact me at EVGA or ADAK at Overclockers
we have a number of teams agreeing to this . we like to have all teams onboard
if you are for it contact us....we may also need help to convince Zodac at OCN

Overclockers format proposal (ADAK)
Format:

two brackets, unlimited (straight points race), and a handicap bracket. The handicap basis point score for each team would be taken directly from their average day in the CC, last year.

If you believe it favors smaller teams a bit too much, then give each team a 50% penalty for the *increase* - sounds diabolical, but it cuts down on the advantage of the smaller teams percentage being a smaller quantity, compared to the same percentage increase, in a larger team.

(I'm not sure this is needed since the smaller teams will undoubtedly be in the handicap bracket, and the larger teams will be in the unlimited bracket.)

It's fair, it handles any problem of teams merging (like NCIX and HWC last year), and has a leveling effect on the competition.

Points in this format would be:

Unlimited bracket:
race points earned = total FAH pts.

Handicap bracket:
race points earned = total FAH pts - average days total FAH pts taken from last years CC.

Teams that are new to the CC and racing for the first time need a simple tweak to the points formula:

race points earned = total FAH pts - team daily average for the last six months.

It's important to remember in the midst of all this, that this is just a FUN race. It's not life or death -- it's more important than that! I don't need rules about EVGA having contests during the race, or any team "timing" work units so they score the most points, etc.

It's a race!

I don't care if EVGA wants to set their britches afire, and run around the park - if it helps them fold, then it's a win -- for Folding@Home. Maybe EVGA will get some time on a super computer -- Go EVGA! You time your work units, and I'll time mine.

It's a race!!

We may melt a server HD at Stanford, but that's their CC challenge!

It's simple, and we need to keep it that way. You start the race here, you end the race over there, and in-between, you fold like crazy.

Keeps it simple, keeps it fun and gets LOTS of folding done.

And isn't that why we have a CC?

Junior
we need an answer this week...we have a deadline - if no answer we lose another team from the CC ..ie EVGA
have either bosun talk to me or have your CC capt contact me with an answer

he can also talk to Adak... we are trying to get something going either this or back to the original contest straight PPD

if we can set up a day for chat or for all the teams to log into one forum at the same time it be great

TSC! Russia member
Фото: 6
Xavier Zepherious I think we'll come with a decision in a day or two. Chat is good idea however our captain isn't fluent in english so it will be Bosun or me as representative.

Junior
we have a majority of the teams with the first proposal I sent you

just TSC and TPU (which we are having troubles contacting so far)..as I said MPC is out (folding for GORDON and wife)

just have Bosun or yourself send me a pm saying yes if your in

I'll send the final stuff to you (refined proposal)...be a day or two
and then see if you like it and another item on the refined proposal

seems there is a proposal to get rid of the Chimp names this year (not an EVGA proposal - it's OCF's )

the main proposal won't change much - but there is a refined Formula for the Handicap
from what I see a better race

from adak's numbers using last years CC data

The following table is JUST a projection, to show how the points format being
proposed, works. Nothing personal!! :)

It's a fairly standard format handicap race, except:

1) The basis is calculated based on EITHER the team's prior race performance,
or their average May 2011 folding totals, for ten days - whichever is higher.

and

2) The entire team (and their folding friends), will be racing, not just individuals
within the team.

Whichever team has the greatest increase in folding, compared to last year,
should win the handicap portion of the race!

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/show ... 24&page=2#

Team CC actual 2011 Basis Projected Projected points Projected race points
points total Increase per day, 2012 per day, 2012
==========================================================================================
CbitChimps 43947959 4394795.9 7.9 34718887 79
EVGApes 120279256 12027925.6 7.5 90209442 75
ChimpPwrUp 27266335 2726633.5 6.5 17723118 65
MonkeyBollocks 15149103 1514910.3 6.3 9543935 63
MaxMonkeys 28575342 2857534.2 5.8 16573698 58
Beavers 40660364 4066036.4 5.3 21549993 53
OCNChimpin' 107318736 10731873.6 5.2 55805743 52
T32monkeys 42670316 4267031.6 5.1 21761861 51
TSChimp 45662987 4566298.7 5.1 23288123 51

Junior
you'll have to contact Adak now...My 92yr father went into the hospital today...so I may not be around as much to help out on the CC

Bosun could also get in touch with troy8d at EVGA in a pinch

TSC! Russia member
Hi Xavier!
I send to you and Troy msg at EVGA forum.

Junior
Zodac and the CC forums wants everyone to chime in on whether to keep the CC names or not
(that means folding under your own names and no switching tio chimp names and no switchin passkeys)

all the other teams have conducted internal votes

we need to know where your team stands on this

as for the formula(s) .finalized versions will be offered this week

it will be some form or Categorized Chimp challenge (CCC) format
if you need to find out about it peruse the EVGA forums

http://www.evga.com/forums/fb.ashx?m=1555924

Junior
Hey there fellow folders

Official rules for the Chimp Challenge 2012

1. Each team will fold for 10 days solid for the duration of the contest.

A "Chimp Points" system will be used to determine the placings as follows:
Points system:

• There will be three categories - Points, Growth and Conversion:

Points are the # of millions each team produces (120,000,000 is 120 points).
Growth is based off of last year's CC production (essentially, the handicap system we used last year).
Conversion is the amount of points made by the team by their CC user (so monkey_bollocks points/OCAU points*100).

• Each category will be "normalised" as follows:
Example numbers

Team A - 120
Team B - 84
Team C - 47
Team D - 103

We take the range (max-min, which = 73). We then use this formula = (points*100/range).

So the scores become:

Team A - 164.4
Team B - 115.1
Team C - 64.4
Team D - 141.1

Finally, we subtract the lowest score (64.4) from all teams, to bring the points into a 10-110 range (10 for lowest team, 110 for highest team):

Team A = 110
Team B = 50.7
Team C = 10
Team D = 76.7

• We add up the totals for each category, and the team with the most points across all three categories wins.

2. Start time for the contest is Tuesday, May 15th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7).
The finish for the contest is Friday, May 25th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7).

3. The victor gets to claim the lucky jaded monkey as the prize.
Tales have been told of untold wealth and fame that comes with this.
The victorious team is allowed to display in any honorary fashion the jaded monkey, the losing teams are forbidden to display it.
The losing teams are bestowed the dreaded monkey's paw, which is said to be cursed.
People have been known for have very bad luck with this paw!

4. Team captains and Vice Captains are as follows:
OCF - Captain: David
OCAU - Captain: leroyxx/RETARD/BlueRaven
OCN - Captain: zodac/sweffymo
EVGA - Captain: Drougnor/Xavier Zepherious/Devdog51
CPC & bit-tech - Captain: coolamasta
Hardware Canuks - Captain: chriskwarren/3.0 Charlie
TSC! Russia - Captain: Hil
Tech Power Up - Captain: BUCK NASTY

5. In the event of a close race, a Stanford daily_user_summary.txt file will be the official source for points information.

6. Only team captains are allowed to make changes to rules and will be looking out for any "foul play". We should not do anything that hurts the folding project. This includes but is not limited to, priming WUs and installing clients on machines without proper permission.

7. The official folding names are:
OCF - T32monkeys
OCAU - Monkey_Bollocks
OCN - OCNChimpin
EVGA - EVGApes
CPC & bit-tech - CustomBitChimps
Hardware Canuks - Beavers_Gone_Bananas
TSC! Russia - TSCh!mp
Tech Power Up - ChimPowerUp

8. Have fun and keep it positive.

Please note the changed start date to avoid the HP Cloud beta. If you have any questions please contact me at OCAU http://forums.overclockers.com.au/private.php?do=newpm&u=75065

Monkey_Bollocks

Junior
We have a IRC chat room for the challenge this year, #chimpchallenge on irc.synirc.net

So

http://cgiirc.synirc.net/ and change name to your preferred name, and room to #chimpchallenge

or

Using your desired IRC medium, such as mIRC or chatzilla,
Connect to irc.synirc.net, join channel #chimpchallenge.
(A list of servers can be found here: https://www.synirc.net/servers)

Stats are https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqJjQktZy8GkdFFlSjctandWTmNuSkhrSVFSZVFxOWc

Monkey_Bollocks

TSC! Russia member
Thanks!
Will test it!

Junior
OK Time to get ramped up for Chimp Challenge 2013

please get your team captain to pm me, or businesswithgreg (OCN), ADAK(OCF)
lets discuss things and get things done early
you can PM me over at EVGA Forums

OCN has proposed dropping the use of chimp name and go back to folding under your own and we use team stats
OCF has proposed last week of April (or two)

captain forums are here
http://chimp.sagacioustechnologies.com/ ... topic=34.0

TSC! Russia member
Hi Xavier!

Will do it soon :)

Junior
Hi there! Recently I've been hearing some discussion about how my team (Brony@Home) is wiping the floor with you guys over on Rosetta. I figured I'd pop in to gloat say hi.

We're coming for your #1 spot.

TSC! Russia member
Sellyme, hi! :hi:
As soon as possible? Next time please! :oops:

Sellyme
Hi there! Actually "wiping out" is not exactly the right words I think.
Would you please be so kind to clarify intentions of your team:
1. "Beat" us at forecasted challenge
2. Or spend about five-seven years chasing us to overtake at the overall 1st position in the project
We would like to know what should we be aware of. Or maybe you want to challenge us at F@H?
And maybe you could provide us with some interesting links about what your team is dedicated for.

Junior
sergei.a.mochalov писал(а):
Sellyme
Would you please be so kind to clarify intentions of your team:
1. "Beat" us at forecasted challenge
2. Or spend about five-seven years chasing us to overtake at the overall 1st position in the project

Well, our main intentions were to take the 1 spot by points per day, but seeing as we're more than doubling you there...

We're going to focus on the first point there. Overall #1 position is a pretty bad metric to use when you've had, what 8-9 years head start? That said, we're still going to take that out of your hands eventually, just not for a bit quite yet.

Цитата:
Or maybe you want to challenge us at F@H?

Not quite yet, we're taking focus off of F@H at the moment, in favour of BOINC projects we're not doing too well at. Give me a ring in about a year and we'll look into it :P

Цитата:
And maybe you could provide us with some interesting links about what your team is dedicated for.

I can't really vouch for its interestingness, but here's our website. It's a bit out of date to be honest, but I have an update on my todo list.

Начать новую тему Новая тема / Ответить на тему Ответить  Сообщений: 304 • Страница 15 из 16<  1 ... 12  13  14  15  16  >

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа